It sounds like a great week (or eight) to stay in! Nearly all events have been canceled and the CDC is recommending if you do go out to follow some basic guidelines. There may still be places open please use discretion and judgment before heading out. Maybe take some advice from the Italians?
In that quarantine spirit, we are going to share some awesome ideas for staying in! Have a great week, Houston!
- Make a fort, then…
- Read that stack of books that have just been sitting there.
- Keep the kids engaged – check out these High-Quality online resources for kids of all ages and stages. There’s a link to Google Culture & Arts where you can take virtual/ street view tours of hundreds of places around the world – so cool!
- Relax, take a nap.
- Binge on Netflix.
- OD on screen-time (yeah, I said it) – don’t do school at home! Yet.
- Garden – I know there are some weeds you could take care of.
- Spring clean. Make a capsule wardrobe. Marie Kondo something!
- Take a walk.
- Pull out the arts & crafts bucket.
- Do something cool you found on Pinterest.
- Have a scout? There are a lot of virtual merit badges being offered. And, the younger ones can work on anything with their families. Check out their book. There are a lot of ideas.
What are you doing this week?
Many places still show events being held. Most are not (though often the venue is still open). Here are the ones we found that were on the calendar.
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston | CAMH is open – all events are canceled
- Czech Museum Houston has not announced any cancellations or closures
- Precinct 3 | Kleb Woods has canceled all programs the facilities are still open
- Children’s Museum of Houston is closed
- Precinct 4 | Spring Creek Greenway Nature Center has canceled all programs the facilities are still open
- The 1940 Air Terminal Museum has canceled all events
- Hermann Park is open, all events are canceled
- Lonestar Flight museum is closed
- Houston Parks and Recreation Department has canceled all structured group events.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department parks are all open.