1800 Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78701
Homeschool Day at the Bullock Museum DETAILS
From the organizer:
Enjoy a FREE day full of discovery and learning at the Bullock Museum reserved specifically for homeschool families.
Interact with educators and community partners to explore Texas’s many cultural traditions. Join us in hands-on activities and special culture-related classes that celebrate some of the many groups that have shaped Texas’s history and cultures.
Program is free for homeschool families. Discounted school group rates for films in the IMAX® Theatre and Texas Spirit Theatre are available from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; film tickets may be purchased in advance online and at the Museum on Homeschool Day. Check in at the table in the Grand Lobby upon arrival. Directions and parking information can be found here.
Attend special hands-on activities between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Participate in special paid classes with community partners and museum educators to discover more about the rich cultural history of Texas.
- Engage in conversation with museum educators and interact with hands-on objects in Museum exhibitions.
- Discover more information about the diverse cultures in Texas through discussion and hands-on activities with local heritage centers and organizations.
- Visit the special exhibition Sharks and learn more about these mysterious and misunderstood fish.
- Buy tickets to see IMAX documentaries Deep Sky, Secrets of the Sea, Fungi: The Web of Life, Train Time and tickets to the Texas Spirit Theater films Shipwrecked and Star of Destiny.
- Explore Museum exhibitions with educational activity guides.