We made Gak!
My kid is ecstatic. He’s probably played with it for about 15 minutes out of each of the last five hours.
Here’s the recipe:
- 8 oz (1 big bottle or 2 small) White glue
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Borax
- Food coloring (optional, but highly encouraged – way ups the fun factor)
1. Pour glue into a bowl.
2. Fill glue bottle with warm water and shake to get all the glue out of the bottle. Pour into bowl. Add food coloring if desired.
3. Add 1 teaspoon Borax to 1/2 cup of warm water and stir.
4. Pour Borax-water solution into bowl and mix. Long strings will immediately form. Continue to mix until smooth. Add food coloring if desired.
5. Store in a zip-top bag or sealed container.
My child enjoyed the discovery that, “Gak has some mighty farts today!”
*Here’s where we give credit to where we bummed it from, Dollar Store Crafts