Party Like You Have the Day Off!
Updated for 2022 fun!
As I’ve matured I am really coming to appreciate holidays like Labor Day. You know, the fun ones? I like that it’s all-inclusive, involves food, no presents, and you can enjoy some nice sales without family/patriotic/whatever guilt. So let’s get ready to kick back, relax, and have an awesome day!
When is it?
The first Monday of September (probably your kids’ first school holiday) –
Why is it?
Since 1894 it has been a nationally recognized holiday to honor
American workers and their achievements.
Things to Do:
Attend/ Host a Party
The most popular past time, for this holiday, is not laboring and this is usually done in the form of the casual gathering and/or hitting some sales (it’s a great time to buy appliances). If you are lucky enough to be invited to a party you get to do a whole lot less laboring but if you enjoy that sort of thing here are some fun ideas for hosting your own party:
Easy Decorating Ideas
Labor Day Menu
- Appetizers: Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Main Course: Sriracha Shrimp Skewers
- Main Course: Beer and Bourbon BBQ Chicken Sliders
- On the Side: Grilled Parmesan Garlic & Basil Corn on the Cobb
- On the Side: Mac and Cheese Bites
- Dessert: Fresh Berry Tart With Sweet Mascarpone Filling
- Dessert: Red, White, and Blue Brownie Pizza
- Drinks: Water, Tea, Lemonade, and Red, White, and Blue Sangria
Activites & Games
- Swimming or Slip and Slides/ Sprinklers
- Straw Fireworks
- Confetti Launchers
- Movie on the Lawn – we like this projector (it has 9500 lumens which will give you a great picture contrast)
- Giant Bubbles/ Water Balloons
For more ideas check out the GHM CELEBRATE: Labor Day! board on Pinterest!
Activities Around Houston
If you are wanting to get “out” there are some great options around town.
[tribe_events view=”day” date=”2022-09-04″ category=”labor-day”]