- This event has passed.
September 17 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Try to escape the infectious spirit and high energy of Klezmer music: you’ll find it irresistible!
This unique musical style combines the haunting, lyric melodies of Eastern European Jews and Gypsies, the boisterous sound of Russian folk dances, and American jazz and swing rhythms of the 1920s and 30s. Together, they produce an electrifying world music that challenges you to remain in your seat.
Descriptions of the fascinating customs and culture of the creators, interspersed with the music, makes this program as education as it is entertaining.
Great for all ages!
This is a non-ticketed event. Seating for daytime performances is on a “first come, first served” basis for the covered seating area. NO TICKETS ARE NECESSARY. NO RESERVATIONS CAN BE MADE. As always, open seating on the hill. The show goes on rain or shine. More information for school groups can be found here.
Produced by Young Audiences of Houston, Featuring The Best Little Klezmer Band in Texas
LOCATION & INFORMATION
October 29 @ 9:00 am – 9:30 am
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)