- This event has passed.
Homestead Heritage Day at Jesse H. Jones Park & Nature Center
Second Saturday Settlers Jesse H. Jones Park & Nature Center
February 13, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Many of the different eras of Texas’ fascinating history are showcased at this festival. The Redbud Hill Homestead comes alive with old-fashioned, hands-on activities for kids, period re-enactments, and a bustling, filled-to-the-brim day complete with re-enactors, historians, and volunteers.
At Homestead Heritage Day, held the second Saturday in February, and Pioneer Day, held the second Saturday in November, visitors can travel back in time by making corn husk dolls, bonnets, lye soap, beeswax candles, and much more. See how the early inhabitants of Texas made and used their tools and weapons. A skirmish provides a living-history look at the authentic weaponry, costumes, and significance of Civil War battles. Volunteers and staff show visitors how early settlers built and protected their homesteads. You might even get to taste some authentic pioneer cooking!
- Jan.: Blacksmithing
- Feb.: As a Pioneer
- Mar.: Lye Soap
- Apr.: Natural Dyes
Though scheduled, during this time events are changed and cancelled frequently. Before heading out call the park to verify program details 281-446-8588.
DETAILS & LOCATION
Humble, Texas 77338 United States + Google Map 281-446-8588
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)