Czech Museum: Creative Activism Project
February 1, 2021 – May 31, 2021
The Czech Center Museum Houston is developing the Creative Activism Now exhibit, and we need your help!
We created the Creative Activism Project to help children learn about the Holocaust while discovering their creative potential. The CCMH designed this project as a workshop and exhibit about the lives of young people interred in the Terezin Concentration Camp. Their example shows how art can serve as a relief in unimaginable circumstances.
The Creative Activism Now exhibit will showcase videos and artifacts that depict the terrors of social injustice and oppression in our country and around the world. This project is inspired by the Jewish Kids who, despite being held in the concentration camp, Terezín, didn’t lose hope and pushed through to protest the Nazi’s mission by way of art.
We invite you to create an artifact, image, or video, that discusses injustice and critical social issues in history or today. We will list it on our website and exhibit your piece in our museum.
Participation is free!
Once submitted, your art has a chance of being exhibited in the museum’s Creative Activism Now Exhibit in 2021!
Submit your videos or images either through:
- Website: Czechcenter.org/creative-activism-home
- Directly to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also bring your artifact to the museum in person or by mail to 4920 San Jacinto Street Houston TX, 77004
The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2021
LOCATION & INFORMATION
Houston, TX 77004 United States + Google Map 7135282060
View Venue Website
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)