Moody Gardens Home School Days
September 6, 2019 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Moody Gardens Home School Days – Discover the amazing world of rainforests, oceans and more as you participate in programs and exciting, hands-on activities.
September’s Homeschool Day will investigate “Why They Hide, Why We Seek” which focuses on how different animals have learned to live in their natural habitats through the use of camouflage. This inclusive day of exploration will also delve into how animals can sometimes overcome unforeseen obstacles they may encounter throughout their complex lives by playing the most grueling game of hide and seek… survival!
Students will also learn about the use of color in nature–why different animals are different colors, how humans process how we see color, how genetics play an important role in survival, and more!
Students and chaperones alike can look forward to hands-on activities, live animal encounters, staff chats, educational resources, and TEKS-focused curriculum. For more information or if you wish to sign-up for this Homeschool Day, email email@example.com.
- This event will include the Rainforest Pyramid, “Great Bear Rainforest” in the 3D Theater, “Dora & Diego” at the Discovery Museum.
- Don’t worry if you are a bit late. The check-in table usually stays out until about noon.
- Parking is free and easy.
- Consider bringing a lunch, food options on low traffic days are limited
- Register by September 6th!
Location & Information