TEDxSugarLand showcases innovative Texans, no matter the sector, who each give the ‘talk of their life’ around a powerful idea.
This diverse group of thought leaders and innovators educate, inspire, and stimulate change with the ultimate goal being deep discussion and action across our communities. TEDxSugarLand is made possible by the work and effort of the broader community: inspiring attendees, a large, committed volunteer team, deeply involved partners and sponsors, and a wealth of brilliant innovators in Texas who donate their time, energy, and talents to contribute to “Ideas Worth Spreading.”
Individual session $16.24 per participant, both sessions $21.65 per participant (when you purchase a session an all day wrist band is included); For ages 6-17
- Morning Session: 9am-12pm
- 6-8: Pirate Story Time & Craft, Meet a Macaw, Pirate Treasure Hunt, Game: Animal BINGO
- 9-12: Food Chain & Food Webs, Activity: Web of Life, African Animals, Game: Vanishing Tigers
- 13-17: Anatomy & Physiology: Living in a 3D Environment, Lab: Squid Anatomy, Lab: Fishy Anatomy
- Afternoon Session: 1-4pm
- 6-8: Program: Radican Reptiles, Activity: Building a Habitat, Activity: Chameleon Craft
- 9-12: Bridges for Wildlife, Activity: Build a Bridge, The Scientific Method, Activity: Boats & Buoyancy, Wildlife Bridge Tournament
- 13-17: Program: Ocean Pollution, Ocean Acidification, Saving Coral Reefs with Biologist Christine, Program: Microplastics
- All Day Adventure Pass: $10.83 per ticket
- Picnic Lunch: $6.50 per lunch
- Parking: $8 (cash only), valet begins at 11am for $10 (cash only)
Activities & Events:
- Hummingbird Banding by hummingbird expert Sumita Prasad
- Houston Audobon Society Education Director Mary Anne Weber will display and conduct Q&A’s throughout the day with live raptors
- Nature Talks: Hummingbird Biology at 10 AM & 1 PM (20 minutes)
- History Talks: Birds in Fiction at 11 AM & 2 PM (20 minutes)
- Games & Activities for the whole family
- Nature Walks
For more details check out GHM’s guide to Kleb Woods!
Family Days occur on the second Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
On the second Saturday of every month from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, the Ocean Star celebrates Family Day. Each Family Day focuses on a different theme that relates to the offshore industry. The information is presented at a student’s level using activities or experiments. We encourage parents to bring their children aboard and experience family-learning and quality time at a reduced cost. Children 18 years of age and younger are admitted free with a paying chaperone. Please note: This special discount is designed for individual ticket sales and not meant to be combined with guided group tours or other museum programs.
They are still finalizing the plan for the game, but initial plans are: Tickets will be available for a discounted rate (probably $22). In addition to the game, homeschoolers will be able to attend an exclusive event the afternoon before the game. They are planning to have a career panel with stadium staff for the older kids and an interactive art or sports event for the younger ones. After that event, families are welcome to join us for a tailgate party in one of the nearby lots (parking passes will be available for pre-purchase). They are also working on possible fan experiences and door prizes for
Tickets will be available for a discounted rate (probably $22). In addition to the game, homeschoolers will be able to attend an exclusive event the afternoon before the game. They are planning to have a career panel with stadium staff for the older kids and an interactive art or sports event for the younger ones. After that event, families are welcome to join us for a tailgate party in one of the nearby lots (parking passes will be available for pre-purchase). They are also working on possible fan experiences and door prizes for game day. Your ticket purchase will also give you access to an exclusive homeschool day at the stadium which will be held at a later date in the off-season (probably January or February.) You do not have to be a member of a group to purchase tickets at the discounted rate. Any homeschooling family is welcome to use the discount code once it is announced. If you have a group that would definitely like to sit together, you will need to have a group leader that collects the information and money for your group so that they can order the tickets all at one time.
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Rain or Shine!
Our popular Fall Fun Fest will celebrate its 4th anniversary in 2017! Come in costume (Star Wars or Steam Punk) and enjoy trackless train rides, fabulous food trucks, games, crafts and more.
- Trackless Train Rides
- Bounce Houses
- Steampunk Station by the Houston Area Steampunks!
- Garden Railroad run by Houston Area G-Gaugers
- Visits from members of the 501st Legion
- Watch trains up close from our viewing platform
- Tour the RRM, including the Quebec and Caboose
For one day only, we offer Home School students unlimited access to our 14 galleries of non-stop, action-packed fun. Home School students will explore science, technology, history, culture, health, environment, and engineering hands-on at the ultimate Playground for your Mind™! Pre-registration is required.
**The Tot*Spot exhibit will be closed on Home School Day.
***Fresh Café will be closed, so feel free to bring in your own lunch and snacks.
For more information or to register, please contact Reservations Coordinator Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238 or via email.
- Monday, September 18, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 29, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- General Admission – $8 per person
- Groups of 16 or more – $7 per person
- Members – Free
Field Trip Admission: $8.00 per person (age 3 and up)
What’s Included: Corn Maze, Pumpkin Patch, Sliiide Mountain, Sports Ball Zone, Rat Racers, Pedal Carts, Jumping Pillows, Roller Slide, Sand Mountain, Black Momba, Fort DewHickey, Farmer Flinger, Hay Mountain, Barrel Train, Wagon Rides, Armadillo ChooChoo, SpringTown, Hi-Strikers, Spider Web, Horse Shoo Lake, Windmill Park, Pumkin Hollar, Cackle Palace, Goatel 6, Rubber Duck Races, Barnyard Animals, Puzzle Maze, Corn Box, Tether Ball, Little Farmersville.
Homeschool groups will receive 1 complimentary admission for every 15 paid admissions when payment is made in one consolidated payment. Complimentary admissions will be calculated at check-in when payment is due in full.
Lunch is not provided by the farm. Everyone should bring a sack lunch. A concession stand and the Country Store will be open for purchases.
For decades, the Oil Ranch Pumpkin Patch & Scarecrow Festival have been a part of Houston families’ Fall traditions. All ages enjoy the fall festivities: piles of pumpkins, hay rides, 85+ scarecrows…all make great photo ops! Regular ranch activities are open during the festival and included at no extra charge.
Kids under the age of 2 are free. Free pumpkin for each paid child’s admission.
Group rates available with reservations, call 281 859 1616 for rates and availability.