What’s better than Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday? Definitely†#GivingTuesday! Celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) #GivingTuesday kicks off the season of giving, charity, and goodwill.
What Can You Give?Take to social media and brush off your hashtags this may be the only time your Facebrag is appropriate!† You can give small or large, monetary, goods, or time.† As always, it is not about the ‘what’ it is about the ‘why.’† Give freely. Give cheerfully. Give thoughtfully. You have a little over a week to decide or help your kids come up with a project. Need some ideas:
- Make Christmas Cards and deliver them to an assisted living facility or mail them to the troops.
- Check with your local church and find out what their Christmas missions are and how best you can help.
- Do they need food for the food pantry
- Do they need supplies for serving the homeless
- Maybe bake casseroles for those who are homebound.
- Maybe you rake the neighbor’s lawn while you do your own.
…except for people using checks at the grocery store†from 4-8 p.m.† I don’t think my grace extends that far.