Inc.com has a book list from Steve Jobs.† I’m assuming it was compiled from old info… †I feel they may be reaching a little saying that Steve Jobs would want us to read them. †But, it is always interesting what interesting people do and, consequently, read.
It’s a varied list. Some names we know, so that are a bit obscure.† Their article also include some “fun factoids” – who doesn’t enjoy a little trivia?† In regards to the list they say, “…almost all the books are†about a single individual overcoming enormous odds and obstacles in order to transform either the world, himself, or both.”† You know, that’s a good reason to read a book because we like individuals, overcoming stuff, and transformations.† I’m also partial to the world at large.
In no particular order:
- 1984,†by George Orwell
- Atlas Shrugged,†by Ayn Rand
- Autobiography of a Yogi,†by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Be Here Now, by Baba Ram Dass
- Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism,†by Chogyam Trungpa
- Diet for a Small Planet,†by Frances Moore Lappe
- Inside the Tornado,†by Geoffrey A. Moore
- Moby Dick,†by Herman Melville
- Only the Paranoid Survive,†by Andrew S. Grove
- The Innovator’s Dilemma,†by Clayton Christensen
- The Tao of Programming,†by Geoffrey James
- Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind,†by Shunryu Suzuki
(The book titles use referral links. Read our disclosure policy for more info.)